The all-knowing and wise Wikipedia tells us that there are over 127 different types of chairs. For us however, it has always been about the person in the chair rather than the chair itself. Nonetheless, for a little special this week, we have asked our guest writer Anne “Mimi” Marie to put together the most common chairs and personify them to help you answer the age old question: What chair are you?
- Hosts Saturday morning yoga in the conservatory to make up for the fact that she/he hasn’t socialised all week.
- Uses anybody’s birthday as an excuse to have Bellini’s just because.
- Prefers the Victoria & Albert over the National Portrait Gallery due to its proximity to Harrods.
- Has lunch at Bumpkin every weekend specifically for the rustic instagram posts.
- The try hard of the group, the wingback needs to be loved by all. Recently bought a vespa to impress friends and has been promising to get a tattoo since high school.
- Buys bottles at 151 because investing the hard earned money is so 20th century.
- Has two phones: one for the international friends and one for daddy.
- Regularly drops in to conversation the school they built during their “gap-ya” (even though that was 9 years ago and they left 2 weeks early because the accommodation wasn’t up to scratch.)
The Modern Wingback
- Has a Pinterest board of kitchen storage ideas “with the most gorgeous multipurpose Anthropology coasters.”
- Cycles to work because their app reminds them that “your carbon footprint is too high.”
- Secretly votes Conservative, despite being very vocal about Jeremy Corbyn and his excellent policies.
- Tends to be a cat person.
- Started going to the gym in January to meet men / women. Still hasn’t had a single conversation.
- Gluten free for no medical or environmental reason at all.
Next week: A chair for every occasion. Stay tuned.
We do not claim ownership of any of the images herein, all copyright and intellectual ownership reside with CBRN Resource Network.